Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Slow Cooker Chicken Italiano

In my never ending search for lower calorie dinner options I found this recipe on SparkPeople. Based on the recipe it appeared super easy and fairly cost efficient, and yup, it was. I think the next time I give this one a try I will add a bit more of my own spices to the mix. Overall a good, quick Italian Chicken recipe (with my super large side of Broccoli)

Slow Cooker Chicken Italiano

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins 6 to 8 tenders
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 bay leaves
32 oz jar Classico tomato and Basil Sauce

Directions:
1. Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
3. Pour sauce over seasoned meat, stirring to be sure chicken is completely covered.
4.Cover. Cook on low 6 hours or on hight 3 1/2-4 hours.
5. Serve over pasta.
Works best in a 4 quart slow-cooker.

Number of Servings: 6

No comments: