Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chicken Stuffed Shells

In trying to find healthy recipes for my dinner menu I found this recipe on someone's blog. I want to apologize right now as I do not remember who I took this recipe from, so if it is yours please let me know so I can update and give you credit. This was a super easy recipe to make and fairly quick as well. I did not season the chicken very much which is a change to make for the future as it was a bit bland but still very good. This one is being added to the book of recipes to keep for sure. Thank you whoever I borrowed it from.


Chicken Stuffed Shells
Source Unknown
6 Servings (2 shells/serving)

INGREDIENTS

12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
2 teaspoons oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
8 ounces diced, cooked chicken
1 (15 ounce) container fat free ricotta cheese
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 (28 ounce) can low fat marinara sauce


DIRECTIONS

-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
-Spray large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
-Cook pasta shells according to directions and drain.
-Cook chicken as desired.
-Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
-Combine chicken and garlic, cook for 3-5 minutes.
-Remove from heat and stir in ricotta, breadcrumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
-Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
-Fill cooked shells with chicken mixture and place filled sides up in baking dish.
-Pour remaining sauce over shells.
-Bake covered with foil for 15-20 minutes, remove foil and continue baking until filling is lightly browned.



NUTRITION INFO

Calories 289.1
Total Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg
Sodium 927.7 mg
Potassium 6.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 20.8 g

No comments: